Monday, July 11, 2011

My Wishes Came True Today Days 11-12

     June 29th 2011

This is me and Harry
Left the hotel around 7:30ish? to go to the Wildlife Currumbin Sanctuary where I Jennifer Wodrich was finally able to hold a Koala. His name is Harry, hes so cute and cudley that I wanted to take him home with me, I guess Im not allowed or something totally bizzare, just kidding. at the Currumbin Sanctuary we were able to see Dingos, we fed kangaroos, and saw a few crocs along the way. It was so cool being able to feed the kangaroos, this one roo was a little aggressive when I was turning to leave he scratched my hand a little. Didnt hurt much, it was just surprising.
Cape Byron Lighthouse


After the Sanctuary visit we left to go to Byron Bay. As we were all sitting in the coach, Adam put on some vids and we watched Skippy the Kangaroo. Skippy was basically like lassie except it was a roo. It was kind of cheesy but I enjoyed watching it.

Made it to Cape Byron Bay Lighthouse. It was a neat lighthouse and it had a beautiful view of ocean. Some of us spotted out in the distance a whale, it was out there but you could tell by the waves and motions by the water.

Byron Bay
Then me and the girls went and walked around doing what girls do best, shopping. We all ate chilli burrito. It was huge, I only ate about half. Continued to walk around and we found a place where we could get some margarittas. Watched some surfies surfing.

Adam back on the coach telling us about some of the things to look out for some things not to say. He taught us the term "taking the piss" or "to take the piss" is an expression meaning to mock, tease, ridicule, or scoff. The are you serious or are you taking the piss?

You could be:
pissed off-angry
on the piss-drinking
full of piss-drinking   so out of respect of someone you take the piss out of them

The Big Prawn
On our way to Novotel Coffs Harbour we spot the big prawn. You do not want to be called a prawn, all it means is all good from the neck down but dosnt have exactly the face of an angel LOL
I love Tim Tams!

At the hotel get ready for dinner, wait around the lobby with my team and have a rum&coke just to tide me over till dinner. We had hot chocolate with Tim Tams (addictive chocolate). Had good meal and then went to room and organized all my things...

June 30th 2011

The Ultimate Dog Tease, huge hit on
long travel days
Had big brekky around 7:30, left round 8 I believe? We had a big day of traveling to Sydney. Seven to nine hour coach drive. We had breaks every once in a while. But we watched videos (the big dog tease for one) on the big screen, listened to iPod and chatted with people around me who were awake. We stopped at a store/mall place and ate some lunch, most people got kababs, but I ate some good chinese food. Continued on with our trivia questions and asking the people around if they knew what the first animal to live in AUS? it was a toughy but the answer was the dingo.

After that we continued are long journey we had two-three hours left to Sydney. I was able to talk to my mom on the phone, which I sort of broke down. I dont know why but just hearing her voice and knowing Im so far from home just made my heart ache. Missed my family but I didnt want to go home just yet.
The thing that looks like big KFC
bucket is the Sydney Tower

We made it we are in Sydney, Australia! Got to our hotel and dropped stuff off, put on good walking shoes and started walking. Our hotel was near pretty much everything, just a couple minute walking your in Hyde Park, or the Sydney Tower... Thats where we were off to, the Sydney Tower. One of the tallest towers. When we were up there we signed up for the SkyWalk, tell you more about that later. Took a few pictures got a few souviners and then went back downstairs on to dinner.

We ate a real cool restaurant where we had margaritta pizzas, kangaroo pizzas, and some good old fashioned hot wings. It was a fun night, the weather wasnt too bad, perfect for walking late at night.

Macquaries Hotel
Went back to hotel and changed and met up with Heather accross the street at Macquaries Hotel. There was a nice little brewery there and live music, so you could say we had a good time. Had one or two rum&cokes, with Heather. We had a blast!

No comments:

Post a Comment